Manaslu region is located in the western part of Nepal; Mt. Manaslu at [8163m] is the eighth highest peaks in the world which opened its routes for trekking only in 1992 AD, It is located near to the border of Nepal alongside Tibet, the name Manaslu literally means “The spirit-mountain”; the local jargon refers it to be the compassionate and strong deity that mysteriously dwells within its domain..
|Manaslu Circuit Trek|
|March - May/Sept - Nov|
|Hotel and Tea house|
|Group Size||:||Min-1 Max-14|
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu valley
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar
- Day 04: Trek from Arughat Bazaar to Soti Khola
- Day 05: Trek from Soti Khola to Machha Khola
- Day 06: Trek from Machha Khola to Jagat
- Day 07: Trek from Jagat to Deng
- Day 08: Trek Deng to Namrung
- Day 09: Trek Namrung to Sama gaon
- Day 10: Rest at Sama Gaon for Acclimatization
- Day 11: Trek from Samagaon to Samdo
- Day 12: Trek from Samdo to Larkya La Phedi
- Day 13: Trek from Larkya La Phedi to Larkya La (Pass) to Bimthang
- Day 14: Trek from Bimthang to Dharapani
- Day 15: Trek from Dharapani to Jagat
- Day 16: Trek from Jagat to Bhulbhule
- Day 17: Drive from Bhulbhule to Kathmandu
- Day 18: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure home
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel:
- You will be met by our airport representative on your arrival and transferred to your hotel, on how to identify us at the airport will be communicated to you as soon as your booking is confirmed, refresh at your hotel, rest a bit & your evening is free; we suggest you go for a stroll down the street to get familiar with your surroundings. Have supper & go in for an early sleep to get rid of the jetlag and overnight at your hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu valley:
- After breakfast, we proceed for our sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley which includes Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Temple, Pashupatinath Temple and Baudhanath Stupa. Please note, all of these monuments are UNESCO declared world heritage sites that represent a wonderful mix of Hinduism & Buddhism that seems to have gotten on well since the ancient periods of this medieval city. overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar:
- After an early b/fast at your hotel, we drive along the Kathmandu - Pokhara High way for the first part of our surface journey & then we will drive through many vibrant villages and irrigated terraces to Arughat & this gives you your first experience of Nepal’s rural landscapes and overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 04: Trek from Arughat Bazaar to Soti Khola:
- After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trek and trek over a flat leveled path along the bank of Budhi Gandaki River through mostly terraces, numerous villages, green hills and you are almost surrounded by lush green forest with bushy foliage and today you take lunch at Arket Bazaar which lies mid way to Soti Khola, this is the best place to relax and you can enjoy swimming to ease your limbs from the grueling hikes and overnight simple Guesthouse
- Day 05: Trek from Soti Khola to Machha Khola:
- we start our trek after having breakfast at lodge; the meandering path passes through forest, colorful villages, clean streams, pretty waterfalls and green dales until we reach Lapu Besi, this is a village mainly inhabited by Mongolian inhabitants, now, we again we traverse a zigzag path to reach Machha Khola and overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 06: Trek from Machha Khola to Jagat:
- After having breakfast at guest house, we start our trek and cross the Machha Khola and head upstream to the tiny village of Khorla Bensi and the hot springs at Tatopani, the valley sides are steep until they are impassable and the route then switches to the left bank by way of a suspension bridge, the trail is quite exposed and challenging in some places & this is the beauty of the wild. After a short section of forest path we reach a single teahouse at Doban and above Doban, the Budi Gandaki descends on an impressive series of rapids. Beyond this steep section, the river is much more placid, meandering across a broad gravel bed. At Lauri, we cross the river on a suspension bridge, and then climb on a high path to the fields of Jagat and over night at Guesthouse.
- Day 07: Trek from Jagat to Deng:
- After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trek and today, the early part of the trek moves gently uphill and then somewhere through a flat leveled path, we cross a suspension bridge over Budhi Gandaki before we enter Philim, Philim is a big village mainly inhabited by the Gurung community, Small serene monasteries, chortens and prayer flags fluttering in the sky, along with graves and typical mountain shanty but sturdy houses will be seen around hereabouts and after having lunch here, we trek over a flat leveled path mostly through forest of pine, rhododendron and fir, while walking, we cross a few bridges and can see colorful looking brown thatched roof villages at a far distance. A few houses are also seen at Deng, from here, we can enjoy a pretty cascading waterfall lying at some distance, the Deng is famous for its potatoes, and buck wheat, barley, wheat, cabbage, & spinach as people are mostly involved in agriculture in this area and overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 08: Trek Deng to Namrung:
- After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trek and today, we begin our trek almost on a flat leveled path and then the trail moves uphill all the way to Namrung through lush forest, From here, we will enjoy the impressive views of Mt. Manaslu, rock hillocks, a green glen and ridges, the Namrung is a Buddhist village where there are monasteries, a water turbine hydro electricity power house, mani walls, chortens and prayer flags can be seen fluttering in the sky whispering odes of prayers to the gods for the departed souls on the peaks of Manaslu and overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 09: Trek Namrung to Sama gaon:
- we start our trek after having breakfast at lodge, and today, we trek over a winding path which moves through the inner Himalayan range and on the way, we will enjoy mountain views of Rupinala pass, Mt. Manaslu, Gorkha Himal, Dwijen Himal, Saula Himal, Lajing peak, and many other silver grey mountains and peaks. As we go up the vegetation decreases due to the increase in altitude & the thin air. In the afternoon, this part becomes quite windy & chilly. While walking, we come across mani walls, chortens, prayer flags and monasteries. Before we reach Lho Gaon, we pass a Tibetan village and Lihi Gaon and after having lunch at Lhogaun, we contunie trekking to Samagaun, we follow the right bank of the river, with views of Peak 29 ahead. As we continue on the main trail, we soon reach the fields of Sama Gaon and overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 10: Rest at Sama Gaon for Acclimatization:
- We will rest at Sama Gaon for acclimatization & give our weary limbs some respite from the intense hiking, this also allows us to rest our lungs so that our respiratory systems would adjust with the changed elevation. Surrounded by mountains in a peaceful forest, we take a breather to acclimatize and relax. We can hike to Manaslu Base Camp for excellent views of Samdo (Pang phuchuli); Nagdi chuli, Simnang Himal, Manaslu glacier, Manaslu ice fall and we can see Birendra Kunda which is an ice lake nearby the Manaslu Base Camp and overnight at guest house.
- Day 11: Trek from Samagaon to Samdo:
- After b/fast amidst our lovely surroundings, we trek gently uphill all the way to Samdo through a desert path and windy valley. The Tibetan border is just four kilometers away from Samdo, but visitors are not allowed to pass the border. There is a Tibetan refugee village at Samdo. This is an excellent view point for Mt. Manaslu, Samdo (Pang phuchuli), Nagdi chuli, Simnang Himal, Manaslu glacier, Manaslu ice fall and several other awesome peaks and overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 12: Trek from Samdo to Larkya La Phedi:
- we start our trek after having breakfast as lodge, the trail is rocky and zigzags all the way to our destination for today, before we reach Larkya La Phedi, there is a market called Larkya Bazaar (market) where seasonal fairs are held for the local folks and people bring goods from Tibet to sell it here and overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 13: Trek from Larkya La Phedi to Larkya La (Pass) to Bimthang:
- We start our trek after having early breakfast at lodge, and today is a pretty tough call in this part of our trek as we are going to pass the Larkya La today, early in the morning we begin to trek a steep ascended path until Larkya La through a rocky and winding trail. We carry a packed lunch because this area would be difficult to set up our dining camps. From the top, we will enjoy the views of Larkya peak, sunrise, Mt. Manaslu, Ratna chuli, Cheo Himal and many other snow capped mountains and peaks. Crossing this pass, we hike to a steep downhill path through rock and ice. On the way, we will encounter many icy lakes that make you feel chilly; the Bimthang is a broad and level ablation valley with a number of Mani walls and deserted houses and overnight at guest house.
- Day 14: Trek from Bimthang to Dharapani:
- After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trek by crossing this high pasture, we descend the valley of the Burdin Khola to the area of the Base Camp for the West side of Manaslu. From a ridge at 4150 meters, we have excellent views of Manaslu to the South East and Annapurna II to the South West. Beyond a bridge over the headwaters of the Dudh Khola, we descend into a rhododendron forest and follow a trail through a narrow valley until we reach the highest cultivated land in this valley at Karche, 2785 meters then walking down, we cross a stream to reach Tilje, where is an apple orchard and it is quite famous for local wine. Leaving Tilje, we trek about another hour to reach Dharapani and overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 15: Trek from Dharapani to Jagat:
- After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trek following the classic trail of the Annapurna circuit and today, we trek all the way over a descended path along the bank of Dudh Khola (river) and Marshyangdi River. On the way, we walk through pleasant villages such as Taal which is an attractive village with a pretty waterfall and we can enjoy the sight of lush green hills. Eventually, we come across Jagat which is a stone village situated on a shelf, that juts into the precipitous Marshyangdi valley and overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 16: Trek from Jagat to Bhulbhule:
- After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trek and now, we more or less to end part of our trail in our wonderful tryst with these massive mountains, where we spend our last day. These mountains have been home to us all of these days; a steep trail descends from Jagat through Marshyangdi valley all the way to Bhulbhule and overnight at guest Houses.
- Day 17: Drive from Bhulbhule to Kathmandu:
- After having early breakfast at lodge, we take bus drive to Kathmandu and It is a picturesque drive on the way back to Kathmandu along the banks of the Marshyangdi and Trishuli rivers with splendid views of green hills, mountains, farming terraces and colorful villages on both sides of the road and overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 18: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure home:
- After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.