Among the various trekking routes of Nepal, Annapurna base camp trek is one of the amazing walks through the diverse landscape and culture complete. It includes rich mountain vistas, terraced fields, quaint Gurung villages and a wide variety of flora and fauna. It has become particularly attractive to the Trekkers because of the pleasant beauty of Mt. Annapurna. Mt. Annapurna (8091m) of Nepal is the 10th highest mountain in the world. The journey to its base camp is at 4130m/13549ft height, which is one of the most popular walks on earth. Moreover, the visitors can reach the destination via Mt. Machapuchhre (Fishtail) which is revered by the Nepalese for its unique beauty. Furthermore, we are very fortunate to thank the well-groomed itinerary of the Annapurna Base Camp trekking package. It is a popular choice among diverse outdoor enthusiasts, from a solo female traveler to hikers traveling in groups to Nepal. Now, it has become the first choice of travelers due to its natural beauty and affordable trekking package.
In comparison to other most walks trek route in this region our Annapurna Base Camp Trek has a short, 11-day itinerary leading up to the base camp. The particular route is designed for globetrotters who wish to hike to the base camp of the spectacular mountain however, they are restricted time-wise. For travelers who would like to reach the Annapurna base camp in a more relaxed manner can try a different route like the which would be a more appropriate choice for those travelers.
Some other Popular Treks in Nepal -(Annapurna and Everest Base Camp|Lang-tang Valley| Manaslu Circuit|Mardi Himal|Nagarkot-Chispani| Hiking)
Please get in touch with us, give us a call or send us to email to begin arranging your dream travel to Nepal. We are here to make your holiday unforgettable, Enjoyable and Memorable.
|Annapurna Base Camp Trek|
|March - May/Sept - Nov|
|Hotel and Tea house|
|Group Size||:||Min-1 Max-14|
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m)
- Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara 915m (7 hrs)
- Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Ulleri (2050 m): 60 min Drive and 6 hours trek
- Day 04: Ulleri to Ghorepani (2,750 m): 4 - 5 hours trek
- Day 05: Ghorepani to Tadapani (2,700m) with a visit to Poon Hill (3,210m): 6 - 7 hours
- Day 06: Tadapani to Chhomrong (2170m): 6 hours trek
- Day 07: Chhomrong to Bamboo (2310m): 4 - 5 hours
- Day 08: Bamboo to Deurali (3230m): 3 - 4 hours
- Day 09: Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m): 5- 6 hours
- Day10: Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo: 7 - 8 hours
- Day 11: Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1760m): 5 - 6 hours
- Day 12: Trek to Naya Pul then drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek, 1 hour drive
- Day 13: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 14: Departure
- Airport pickups and drops ina private vehicle
- Tourist Standard hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Tourist Bus (Kathmandu- Pokhara -Kathmandu)
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trekking Guide
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Pokhara to Nayapul to Pokhara by private vehicle
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Private transportation except what is mentioned in the What Is Included section
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International and Domestic flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m)
From Tribhuban International Airport you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 2:Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara 915m (7 hrs)
Early in the morning after having breakfast you will start a scenic drive to the beautiful city of Pokhara and transfer your hotel. Afternoon if time permits boating in Phewa lake and visit Barahi temple situated in Center of Phewa Lake, also side trip around lakeside on our own.
Day 3:Drive to Nayapul and trek to Ulleri (2050): 90 min Drive and 6 hours trek
After Breakfast,We Drive from Pokhara, we drive to Naya Pul and start the trek. We walk through a valley forest, cross the Bhurundi Khola (river) before reaching Tikhedhunga Village. The Ulleri Hill with thousands of steps and boulders that continually go upward will really prove a test of our stamina. We reach Ulleri by late afternoon. Overnight in Ulleri.
Day 4:Ulleri to Ghorepani (2,750 m): 4 - 5 hours trek
After breakfast, we ascend to the Ghorepani village via stone stairs. As we are ascending we admire the spectacular scenery as Annapurna South looms large, coming and going from our view. We pass waterfalls, tiny villages, and several tea-houses before reaching Ghorepani. We stop at the higher part of the Ghorepani village that offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains including Annapurna South and Nilgiri mountains. The village has small shops that sell local products such as handbags and crafts. The village also has good wi-fi. Overnight in Ghorepani.
Day 5:Ghorepani to Tadapani (2,700m) with a visit to Poon Hill (3,210m): 6 - 7 hours
We get up early in the morning to reach Poon Hill just in time to see the sunrise over the Himalayas. Poon Hill is the most popular destination to enjoy close up views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges and enjoy the sunrise from these majestic mountains. From Poon Hill, we also get incredible views of Mustang, Pokhara and more than 20 of the highest mountains. After enjoying a cup of coffee, we trek back to Ghorepani. We have breakfast here then walk towards the east and climb a ridge. Our trail descends through rhododendron forests and waterfalls before we reach Tadapani. Overnight in Tadapani.
Day 6:Tadapani to Chhomrong (2170m): 6 hours trek
The trail starts off with a descent through a large rhododendron forest. The forest trail ends and our trail opens up to beautifully terraced fields. We walk uphill for around 5 km and pass waterfalls and reach a suspension bridge. Suspension bridges are very common in the hilly and mountainous regions of Nepal. A few more miles of uphill and downhill trekking and we reach our destination for today, Chhomrong. It is a beautiful village right below the giant Annapurna massive. Overnight in Chhomrong.
Day 7:Chhomrong to Bamboo (2310m): 4 - 5 hours
We leave Chhomrong and walk on quite a number of stone steps before reaching the Chhomrong Khola. We cross a suspension bridge over the river and begin an uphill climb to Sinuwa. Our trail passes through a beautiful forest to Kuldihar. From here we embark on an easy descent to Bamboo. Overnight in Bamboo.
Day 8:Bamboo to Deurali (3230m): 3 - 4 hours
We pass through a bamboo forest which is damp and cold. We then walk uphill on a trail which is sometimes steep. It is only after reaching Himalaya Hotel that the forest opens up and we are out in the sun again with astounding views of the glacial river below. It is a steep climb up through a much drier forest before reaching Hinku Cave. From here our trail descends to a river before ascending to Deurali. From here, we can enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding hills and Mt. Dhaulagiri. We notice that the vegetation has become sparse allowing magical views of the valley, the river below and cliffs adorned with waterfalls. Overnight in Deurali.
Day 9:Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m): 5- 6 hours
We follow the valley trail in a steady climb. The trail sticks to a rocky cliff and is sometimes steep. We walk on a somewhat flat path for a while before ascending to Machhapurchre Base Camp. From here we get excellent views of Mt. Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Gandharvachuli and Gangapurna mountains. We then turn left and begin ascending gently to the Annapurna Base Camp. During our ascent we can admire spectacular views of the Himalayan panorama. Walking further we reach the base camp of Mt. Annapurna and it is amazing. We are surrounded by magnificent peaks and the only way into this area is through the gorge we just hiked. Overnight at Annapurna Base Camp.
Day 10:Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo: 7 - 8 hours
From Annapurna Base Camp our trail rapidly descends past the Machhapuchhre Base camp, Deurali, Himalayan Hotel and Doban and finally to Bamboo where we spend the night. Today’s trek is downhill so it shouldn’t be very difficult. Overnight in Bamboo.
Day 11:Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1760m): 5 - 6 hours
We retrace our step back to Chhomrong where we stop for lunch. From Chomrong it is a steep descent down to the Modi Khola valley. The stone steps to Chhomrong are equally tricky as they were before. The trail then descends to Jhinu Danda, where we will be resting for the night. On the way, we enjoy our walking through rain forests and farms. After reaching Jhinu Danda, we can spend the rest of the afternoon taking a rest and relaxing. Overnight in Jhinu Danda.
Day 12: Trek to Naya Pul then drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek, 1 hour drive
We leave Jhinu Danda and enjoy the beautiful hill landscape of western Nepal on our way to Naya Pul. We have lunch on the way. The actual trek to the Annapurna Sanctuary and back ends today. We board our vehicle to Pokhara. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 13:Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
We drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu and transfer your hotel, spare time for your family shopping.
Day 14:Final departure
Our trip to Nepal ends today. We will be dropped off at the airport by a company representative 3 hours before the scheduled flight.